Monday, December 30, 2013

Design Wall Monday

First: my stats for Bonnie Hunter's
Celtic Solstice mystery - 
I mainly worked on the Chevrons
and still have miles to sew 
for steps 3 + 4 + 5...
Step 1 - done (in box)
Step 2 - 94 of 100 Chevrons, almost there!!!
Step 3 - 7 pinwheel blocks of 25
Step 4 - 25 of 120 Four-patch
Step 5 - 0 of 100 split triangle unit...

Then I gave myself a xmas present,
used some stash and this is the result:
a Hashtag soon-to-be quilt top, 
pattern by Camille at Thimble Blossoms,
part of her Craftsy Class.
I really enjoy her way of 
organizing and sewing!

I used Bonnie's method of
webbing the top for the first time
and could only put 
one sashing strip on my lay-out.
The webbing method works better
with sashing strips and cornerstones,
but I had to try it and like it!
Love how the border fabric fits the block pattern!
Fabric is a Jelly roll of Chicopee and Kona white.
The border is Florence, also from Denyse Schmidt.

I am really hoping to finish my Hashtag top today,
then pull out the blocks of Judy's "Fit for a Hero" quilt,
get the corner blocks sewn 
and the top prepared for her pieced borders.
I am off all week
and we'll see what I can manage,
not to forget my December goal 
of getting 5 more blocks done fore Fractured..

I almost forgot:
as xmas presents I made several
folded star trivetrs,
following  Bronze Wombat's tutorial
This was my first one 
and the color choices not yet perfect.
My 2nd one - I only got an incomplete shot
Luckily I am off all week
and should have time 
to get quite some sewing done!
Linking up to 
and 

Happy New Year!
Barb

5 comments:

  1. I am glad I am not alone! We have more or less units in each area...but mostly we are at the same place. Did you see the suggestion about mary's Triangles? If you have not cut your neutrals and blues, you might be interested. There is a linky box talking about it...you use retangles instead of triangles. email me back if you want the link....And thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the mystery...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope... you are definitely not alone. I only have five of the part #5 units completed. And color me jealous! The Wombat Quilt Folded Star Trivets are on my to-do list. Yours are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see your little German bear looking over your progress! The trivets are exquisite and the hashtag quilt looks so fun! HAPPY New Year BQFF...so glad we're friends. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your trivets are beautiful. And your hashtag quilts is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - you made my day!