First: my stats for Bonnie Hunter's
Celtic Solstice mystery -
I mainly worked on the Chevrons
and still have miles to sew
for steps 3 + 4 + 5...
Step 1 - done (in box)
Step 2 - 94 of 100 Chevrons, almost there!!!
Step 3 - 7 pinwheel blocks of 25
Step 4 - 25 of 120 Four-patch
Step 5 - 0 of 100 split triangle unit...
Then I gave myself a xmas present,
used some stash and this is the result:
a Hashtag soon-to-be quilt top,
pattern by Camille at Thimble Blossoms,
part of her Craftsy Class.
I really enjoy her way of
organizing and sewing!
I used Bonnie's method of
webbing the top for the first time
and could only put
one sashing strip on my lay-out.
The webbing method works better
with sashing strips and cornerstones,
but I had to try it and like it!
Love how the border fabric fits the block pattern!
Fabric is a Jelly roll of Chicopee and Kona white.
The border is Florence, also from Denyse Schmidt.
I am really hoping to finish my Hashtag top today,
then pull out the blocks of Judy's "Fit for a Hero" quilt,
get the corner blocks sewn
and the top prepared for her pieced borders.
I am off all week
and we'll see what I can manage,
not to forget my December goal
of getting 5 more blocks done fore Fractured..
I almost forgot:
as xmas presents I made several
folded star trivetrs,
following Bronze Wombat's tutorial-
This was my first one
and the color choices not yet perfect.
My 2nd one - I only got an incomplete shot
Luckily I am off all week
and should have time
to get quite some sewing done!
Linking up to
Happy New Year!