Sunday, June 19, 2011

Stash Report week 25 / 2011

This week I barely managed to get any sewing in, so I am scrambling over the weekend to sew my backing for Picnic - and of course I was short. That backing was the fabric I added and used this week.

Week 25 / 2011:

Used this Week: 5 yards
Used year to Date: 86.6 yards
Added this Week: 2 yrds
Added Year to Date: 40.25 yrds
Net Used for 2011: 46.35 yards

Check Judy's blog and see how others are doing with fabric stash busting.

As far as fitness goes: I had a skating week  - finally. The weather was just perfect for some inline skating and so I spent 5 evenings in the park and skated a total of 36 miles. Will try to keep this momentum going next week as well.

And because this post needs a picture, here is my newest potential project: my first (unsewn) test block with random fabrics for the Farmers Wife Quilt Along
It's a bit goofy for me to work with templates, but a challenge is good, right?


We'll see if I will join the FWQA crazyness in blogland - see my earlier post here.
The quilt along is for 2 blocks a week and they are currently in week 3. Guess I have to start with the easy ones and work myself up until 111 blocks are done.

Have a nice Sunday, hope you can squeeze some sewing into your day,
Barb

4 comments:

  1. I like that block and the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inline skating sounds like a great way to exercise. I'm sure it is a good leg workout. They do say that a challenge is good. Have fun with the quilt along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you'll make a beautiful Farmer's Wife quilt--first block's very pretty. Looking forward to a Picnic photo. Great job gettin' fit!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very interestinb block. Congrats on your numbers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - you made my day!