Sunday, February 28, 2010

Design Wall Monday

Well, after an almost no-sew week, I managed to get some things done on Sunday. Last minute, but still in time for design wall:

First off is the (original) completed 4-patch top for "Quilts for Kids". My plan was to add a 2nd quilt to the package - and that was quickly cut & sewn up today: the 'Bear in the woods' 4-patch.
And I had to dive in a started project bag and pull out string and scrap blocks - made out of the flannel leftovers from the last Project Linus Blanket Party. These blocks may not be the most creative way, but it was quite a workload to get all these narrow strips sewn up.
Next step will be to make square blocks out of the rectangular strings and add a border.
For the 'wonky log cabin' blocks I guess I have to add some kind of sashing to even them out in size. I will have a look around to see what wonky options are floating around in blog land.
Please check out the other design walls by going to Judy's blog!

Have a great week,
Barb

3 comments:

  1. Love the scrappy string blocks! Great way to use up leftovers. I like the rectangular blocks you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you go!! No pressure righ?! lol!! Looks great - love what you have done with the 'leftovers' - yup, you are a quilter all right!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the leftovers quilts! I recently found your blog from Judy's, and the Paint Creek name grabbed my attention, since I live in Troy! I saw you mentioned the Linus Blanket Party - are you participating in the one at St Anastasia tomorrow? I'll be there with my 5-year-old assistant. You may have to fight him for those leftover fabric pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - you made my day!