Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday

I played around some more with my color wheel - and one thing is for sure: I have to rename it. Taking in consideration the pattern "Color Wheel" and the fabric line "Love is in the Air" and I came up with "Wheel of Love". Maybe that is cheesy or kitsch, but I think it fits!

Here is my latest arrangement and I like it much better than the first attempt.

What do you say? Do you like this color placement? I am open for suggestions.
I am imagining my "Wheel of Love" with a whitish background fabric, maybe with small little dots in pink, brown, red and green. Hmm, we'll see if I find something that will fit. Meantime I will continue looking at it and waiting if this set-up "speaks" to me or if I need to make some more adjustments.


And just because it is Friday, here is another quilt top named "Scotties Quilt". This was a first quilt for me with cutting the fabric according to the print (I forgot the English word/ expression for this). It sounded easy, but ended up being quite time consuming and not very accurate. The fabric print was not consistent in height and length which made it a challenge to get the blocks squared up and sewn together. On top of that it was "printed on bias" which didn't help at all.




And a close up:



Now comes the - for me - scary part of putting it on my frame and quilting it. So far I have mainly done exercises on "ugly" fabric and feel quite intimidated of using a REAL QUILT. Help! In order to push myself, it has already an owner who has seen preliminary pictures - so procrastination is not an option, at least not for too much longer.

As for exercising: I already did a 1 hour walk on Paint Creek Trail. It felt good, especially after yesterday's weight lifting.

I hope you all had a great week - and an even better weekend ahead.

Barb





1 comment:

  1. I love the Scotties quilt. We call that "fussy cutting" in English. You did a great job!

    I also like this arrangement for Wheel of Love. It flows (looks like it's spinning) the way the colours are laid out now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - you made my day!