Sunday, January 9, 2011

Stash Report 2 / 2011

Ok, my plan back fired. I particpated in the FQ drawing at the guild to slowly reduce my stash, one FQ at a time.
Well, what can I tell you: I won the whole bundle - and it was much bigger than usual: 19FQ (minus 2 of my own)!
Look at them:
Well, in future I guess I will donate without participating - 4.25 yrds added to my stash... And no, I will not mention that I also won the Guild blockery - no more participating for me there either!

I continued on The Tempest quilt and hope to have finished all blocks for tomorrow's Design Wall Monday! And I finally found a solution on how to quilt the Cathedral Star supersized quilt top "My UFO # 6 for January" and am ready to go - I reduced the Popcorn panto size from 6" to 5" to better fit my short arm and hope that will do the trick.
So that takes the following yardage out of my stash:
Cathedral Star: (top was made before stash report & backing): 15yrds (estimated on the low end...) and for the Tempest top 6.7 yrds. This is a high usage week - and the next ones probably won't look that nice for a while.

Stash Report Week 2 / 2011:
Used this Week: 21.7 yards

Used year to Date: 26.7 yards
Added this Week: 4.25 yrds
Added Year to Date: 4.25 yrds
Net Used for 2011: 22.45 yards

So how did your stash busting go for week 2 in 2011?
Have a look at other reports on Judy's blog!
Barb

4 comments:

  1. It's pretty funny that you won all those FQs. :) You used an amazing amount of fabric this week. Must be the week for UFO 6 quilting--let's get 'em done. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we need to add a line of fabric won & gifted, especially if it is not planned. Any plans for the FQs?

    You've done a great job so far this year!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now if you weren't keeping track of fabric you would of never won it. Sometimes when I enter blog giveaways I worry that I just might win. Crazy. Anyway, great numbers. I missed your fitness report. Last week I started walking again. Tomorrow I add weights. See? You motivated me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But look on the bright side - you used A LOT of fabric this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - you made my day!