Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Reflections and predictions

I just came across the SewMamaSew interview series of Sewing industries 2010 reflections and 2011 prediction. And now here are my answers, as somewhat a newbie in sew- industry land...


Looking back on the sewing scene of 2010, what trends stand out in your mind?

I have become so much more awareof solid fabrics in the quilting world. It must be ignorance from my end though... Easy, modern pattern and more scrap happy patterns have been all around in 2010. And word fabric has been everywhere.
What were some of your favorite things? (Trends, fabric collections, patterns, blogs? Whatever you really loved.)
Modern blogs from Oh Fransson, Amys Creative side, jaybird, and tons more. Really like the different ideas on the ModaBakeshop

What was your very favorite fabric collection or print? (If not listed above.)
There are so many out there, it depends on the project and recipient of the quilt... Really liked Sweetwater's collections.
What was the best thing you made in 2010? (Be sure to share a photo!)
I guess for me the Wedding Quilt Lumiere De Noel (even though a kit) was my best quilt of 2010:



What is one of the best things you saw that was made by someone else?
So many beautiful designs are out there in blogland - impossible to narrow it down,sorry

What do you think 2011 has in store? (Again, trends, fabric, patterns, etc.)
A lot of modern, graphic prints, more organic fabric lines, probably more solid colros for projects. It looks like the new animals of the year for fabric are whales.

Anything you're ready for the sewing world to get over?
I believe by now I have seen enough owls.
What's on your sewing agenda for 2011? What are you excited about? What would you like to learn more about?
For me it's stash busting, finish projects, hopefully I will learn a new technique or style for quilting in a workshop. Getting my feet wet in using solids. And maybe I will even comquer EQ7 and design my own quilt.

Well, that's my view on all things quilty. Go and check out the different interviews on Sew Mama Sew and enter their give away - you still got time until the 15th of January!

Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - you made my day!