It is 9pm on Sunday - and I just pulled UFO # 6 Cathedral Stars of my frame: DONE!!!!
What a nightmare it ended up being.
20 inches left of the final quilting row - and my sewing machine stopped dead.
In the middle of sewing it just froze - and so did I.
Followed by some nasty words, threats, you name it...
I tried and tried, but nothing would get her started.
The hand wheel did not move whatsoever.
Finally I pulled her of the platform for some more poking & proding. Nothing.
So off to the neighbors to drop off the felt wreath - and I got invited for dinner :-)
Well, what a great way of ending Sunday on a high note!
Came back and couldn't help myself, but needed to check on Juki - again.
Poked in every hole and oiled the heck out of her.
And, and, and ...she moved! WAHOOO!!!
Some more oil and TLC and she dripped oil and moved slowly at first;
but then she sounded like her old self.
Some test sewing, back on the frame - and
FINALLY UFO # 6 IS DONE!
That pretty much was my sewing or rather quilting this week.
It's been a learning curve of 30 hrs plus.
Apart from this I did finish the rows of The Tempest -
and really hope to have the top sewn by next DWM.
That's it for today, have to go look at Cathedral Stars again ;-)
Please look at other design walls at Judy' Patchwork Place!