Sunday, March 28, 2010

Design Wall Monday

Another design wall Monday and 'Simply a Bloom' is coming together. I had planned to finish a few more blocks this weekend, but somehow wasted 3 hours loading a quilt onto my frame. No idea why.
Anyway, I currently have 26 blocks, a few more and then some flower applique on 7 squares, some sashing strips and I'll be done. Hm, wouldn't that be a great finish for April - and that is now my declared goal! Let's see if that will work out.
Please have a look at other deisgn walls that are listed on Judy's blog.

For me it's going to be short workweek and I am off Thursday through Monday - yeah! I need a break,

Barb

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on a successful week as reported in the last post. I love the colors in the Simply a Bloom quilt.
    Have fun during your time off!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks look great! It's a mystery why some quilts take forever to load.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohhh pretty! And it has some applique to come???! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't found any secrets to loading a quilt on the frame here. It took me 4 hours to get the back ready, add a border to the top, and pin. I still need to get the batting to size. Love your blocks, I think I need to made some with a wow fussy cut fabric. I am not very good at applique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love those fabrics! I look forward to seeing the quilt finished by the end of April! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - you made my day!