Saturday, January 16, 2010

Quiltathon

It seems there are a lot of "blue" projects going on during this weekend's quiltathon at Judy's Patchwork Times. So my blue-yellow Bits Of Sunshine quilt fits right in.
I managed to sew the blocks together and added the small inner yellow border. Now comes the outer border in blue bricks. The plan is to still get it on my short arm frame and get quilting with a panto started. We will see if that's not too tall of an order.
Anyways, meantime I may be sewing another flannel blanket for Project Linus - to keep my stash report on the "good" side.
This week I received 5 yards in the mail - I had won a gift certificate for an online fabric store, so my stash balance is tilting...
Got to go sewing,
Barb

3 comments:

  1. Hi Barb,
    Paint Creek? I live in Rochester. Your quilt is very cool - I like the pattern - interesting and different. The pop of yellow is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be one lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very interesting block in your quilt top. I am assuming that you have to sew partial seams to make it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - you made my day!