Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Design Floor

Due to lack of space for a design wall I have to settle for a temporary design floor:

It's not that I really needed another project, but at least I had to test the idea of it.
I am playing around with a layer cake of "Love is in the Air" and wanted to combine it with a pattern I really like, but have not yet tried.
The pattern is called "Color Wheel Quilt" and can be found in the book "Last minute Patchwork and quilted Gifts" by Joelle Hoverson. My wedges are a bit shorter than her pattern suggests, so that they can be cut from the layer cake.
I am not yet entirely pleased with the color placements, but have to look at it again tomorrow with fresh eyes. Nothing is sewn yet and I also have to exchange my background before I get deeper into this project.

Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - you made my day!