Monday, May 30, 2016

Design Wall Monday

Here is my Memorial weekend finish:
The Painted Ladies quilt top
by FigTree is done -
And I love how it turned out!

Now I am trying to figure out
how to continue with the
Sherbet and Creams QAL
 by FigTree.
I saw the reveal in their online video
and am thinking of an alternate setting.
Searching online,
I came across a free pattern 
that would use the pumpkin seeds
and the block sizes actually match!
It combines seeds with flying geese:

Here is my lay-out so far -
it certainly looks different with the skinnier seeds, 
different fabric and color scheme:


Bonus: 
I can use an AccuQuilt die 
for the flying geese!
Hm, guess I'll have to look at it
for a while longer
before I make my decision...

Linking up to Judy's
Design Wall Monday.

Happy Memorial Day,
Barb

5 comments:

  1. Such pretty colors--different from Tula Pink's deep saturated jewel tones but just as lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baby quilt is so beautiful. Very serene and calming. I love the seeds and geese pattern, too. So many quilts, so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered what you would be doing next and I love the idea of the alternate layout. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the alternate layout. Will you use Fig Tree fabrics in stronger colors for the geese?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops I didn't see the geese! Maybe you should add some that are a bit brighter or stronger colors. I love your butterfly finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - you made my day!