Monday, July 22, 2013

Design Wall Monday

Although late for DWM,
here are 2 projects I am working on:
First up X & + quilt (Zen Chic pattern)

made with a 'Hoopla" - 1 block
temporary lay-out 
 I am using Kona charcoal grey as background;
so far only the corner units are sewn
and still a bunch is missing.
Had a power outage on Sunday 
that stopped all activity...

And when I found my box with 1 1/2 inch strips,
I just had to try 2 spool blocks,

Love how quick they come together
and will likely make some more.
Size: just 3 1/2 inch square.
Be aware:
they are addictive!

If you haven't seen my paper piecing journal cover,
go check it out here!

Linking up to Judy's DWM.
Happy sewing,
Barb

4 comments:

  1. Love the color choices against the charcoal gray. Cute cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Zen Chic (German gal) and her Comma fabric. Your new quilt will be fantastic with the gray. Aren't you organized with your strips in a box? LOL Mine are in a box too but with 1M more bits and pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright colors in your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your projects and the fun colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - you made my day!