Monday, May 30, 2011

Jelly Roll Race

Here it was 5 pm on Monday - and I started the Jelly Roll Race 5 hours late.
Shawna from 1choice4quilting organized it
and I used 2.5 inch fabric strips from my stash.
Here is my original fabric mixture, certainly colorful.
Then they were all sewn together into one long strip

And following the descriptions and sewing the long ends together
details here,
 it ended up in this quilt top: 


Loved the process - and the result!
Perfect and super fast for a charity quilt -
or a last-minute gift!
Please check out the flickr group with
all the pictures.
Thanks Shawna for hosting the race,
Barb

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! What a neat idea. You are amazing - you found the site, got the fabric, then sewed it together! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! That would make a good dent in the strip bin! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - you made my day!