Monday, April 4, 2011

Design Wall Monday

First off are all 6 Christmas House blocks that I will need for Thursday's quilt guild meeting.
Reading Cara's blog post about the Naked Bed challenge by Sarah Fielke I was intrigued (because my bed is ... naked) - and pulled out the Red Rose Farm FQ pack that I had won quite some time ago. Perfect fabric -  now came the big decision of which pattern to use? I paged through books, magazines and online pattern, until it hit me: Scrap Basket Sensations - even though made for 2 1/2" strips, the book just has stunning patterns. Ended up picking the cover pattern Picnic! The 3 FQ's in the middle have larger prints and I am thinking of using them as non-pieced /solid blocks in the quilt top. I better get going: I have got 8 weeks time to complete the top...
After some calculating
I checked my stash for additional fabric
that would fit the Red Rose Farm color scheme -
or I wouldn't be able to make a queen size quilt.
Here are my first test blocks (poor pic, sorry)-
can't wait to 'dress' my bed!


Please hop over to Judy's blog and see all the other incredible design walls!
Barb

3 comments:

  1. I love the blocks you have started. Great pattern for your naked bed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and the fabrics are so pretty. That will be a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i see another great quilt in the works--good pick and such pretty fabric!! :-) p.s. those house blocks are fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - you made my day!