Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mid week sewing

Even though I don't always get to sew every day, I try to do it as often as I can. Most evenings I am best off with some 'brainless' sewing, so I pulled some leftovers from the Memorial Day Quilt and started making 9-patches. Quite a few strips were already sewn, so in no time I ended up with 12 + 4 blocks; all are done with 1 1/2 inch strips. I'll try to keep the patriotic red-blue-white color theme - currently some with a red and some with a blue center.

Sooo, now I am off searching online to find the 9-patch quilt along that was recently started and see what they come up with. I believe the idea here was to sew 1 patch every day until August and then show different possibilities of settings.
Aha, I found it: it's called the 9-patch challenge by Karen Montgomery. And with 16 patches I am good until tomorrow - they did start on June 1st and it's supposed to go until mid August.
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - you made my day!