Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Shadow Garden progress

Here is the latest status of Shadow Garden - just the stems are missing and then the try & error game of finding the best applique stitch on my machine. I really need to write down the combination of stitch type and length for future projects. Even the thread is all ready to go.Meanwhile I have also been working on the Carolina Christmas Mystery - and I am only missing 7 more Pointsetta Blocks - yeah! I placed the stacks of the blocks on my border fabric.
Having admired Bonnie's pieced border, I just know I won't be able to make it fit. Yep, the 1/4 inch seam isn't always "perfect" in my world and earlier struggles on other quilts have taught me not to try it again. Or this quilt becomes a border-less orphan and I don't like this either.
Apart from this, I really love the "American Heritage" Fabric from Robert Kaufman and it gave me the color selection for the mystery quilt.

On a fitness note: I have been going to the gym almost daily and love doing this when I am off from work. And tomorrow I thought I will end the year on a high and active note - with the Year End Belle Isle Fun Run - I will be walking the 4 mile distance and am hoping for dry and calm weather (no blowing snow, please!).

On a book note: I have found a fascinating book at the library "Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall. Love it, it's entertaining, funny and I learned a few things (well, I haven't finished it yet). If you are a runner or used to be one (like me), check it out!

Happy New Year!

Barb

1 comment:

  1. I am really liking how Shadow Garden is looking. Great job so far.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - you made my day!