Sunday, December 13, 2009

December

After a nice break in Florida, I am back in frosty Michigan. What a change in temperatures from 80's to 30's!
And I have gotten some sewing in on the Carolina Christmas Mystery Quilt from Bonnie Hunter.
My original fabric choices have been "adjusted" a bit and I found the perfect border fabric from Robert Kaufman's "American Heritage Collection" that will pull it all together nicely. So far I have followed the different mystery steps more randomly, in order not to get bored and drop the project which seems to be happening to me more often lately.
Mine is not scrappy as so many others, but I like it! This is a slightly different color combination compared to what I usually use. Going outside of the fabric box feels good, too.
There are many more of the Pointsetta Star blocks and the Fox & Geese blocks to be made - we'll see if I end up with the original size or a smaller version.
On a different note: I still have to get started on my Christmas Cards and hope to get it done this week, at least for overseas mail. Geez, I can't believe it is December 13th already.
I hope you had a nice weekend,
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - you made my day!