Sunday, November 22, 2009

Something quilty...

The other day I was looking at the "Sanctuary" charm pack that had been sitting in a corner for far too long. Combined with the free Moda pattern Natures Notebook I ended up with these blocks. It was a first for me to use the 60 degree ruler and I really liked it. Because it is a much smaller version, the blocks were sewn together in no time.
Now I am contemplating the colors for the 2 borders. A smaller inner border in red would be nice to make it pop a bit. And then the outer border - hmm.


And then in order to get ready for Bonnie Hunter's Carolina Christmas Mystery that starts in a few days, I dug into my fabrics and came out with this combination. It only needs 3 fabric and 1 background. Not quite sure yet which of the fabrics I will eliminate. The front fabric will be my background and the other fabrics match the colors in "Wiggle Waggle". I guess I have to rethink the selection for some more days before I commit to the final version.


Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - you made my day!